Wiltshire Farm Foods, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 01947697 with its registered office at Canal Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8RJ, our parent company, apetito Limited of Canal Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8RJ and its franchisees (“we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website Terms and Conditions, Product Terms and Conditions, Website Acceptable Use Policy and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), Wiltshire Farm Foods is the data controller in respect of the Website. apetito Limited is data controller for the purposes of any national marketing campaigns under the Wiltshire Farm Foods brand.
The Wiltshire Farm Foods website at www.wiltshirefarmfoods.ie (the “Website”) is owned and operated by apetito Limited, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Canal Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8RJ. Company Registration No. 233851. VAT no. 138176066.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website collects personal information from you at certain points, including but not limited to, when you place orders with us, fill in forms on our Website, register to receive brochures or participate in any promotions or interactive services. By doing this we can tailor the Website to provide services and products that best meet your needs, and to make your online experience easier, quicker and more enjoyable.
Information we collect and process may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card information. We also capture details of transactions you carry out through the Website and the fulfilment of orders.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may also automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data on this Website. We are also working closely with third parties including, Google and Realex Payment Solutions and may receive information about you from them.
For more information on how we use your data please see ‘WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA’, ‘USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION’ and ‘DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION’ sections below.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to improve our Website and to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and our franchisees;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Where we receive information about you from other sources, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Provided you have given your consent, we may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
Your privacy is extremely important to us, and we promise never to share your personal details with any external companies for mailing or marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if apetito Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and Website users will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions, Product Terms and Conditions, Website Acceptable Use Policy and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of apetito Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you conduct transactions through this Website, we may transfer information about you to our financiers, who:
- may use, analyse and assess information about you, including the nature of your transactions, and exchange such information with other members of their group of companies and others for credit or financial assessment, market research, statistical analysis, insurance claim, underwriting and training purposes and in making payments and servicing their agreement with us;
- from time to time, may make searches of your record at credit reference agencies where your record with such agencies may include searches made and information given by other businesses; details of their searches will be kept by such agencies but will not be seen by other organisations that may make searches;
- may give information about you and your indebtedness to the following:
- our or their insurers for underwriting and claims purposes;
- any guarantor or indemnifier of you or our obligations to enable them to assess such obligations;
- their bankers or any advisers acting on their behalf;
- any business to whom your indebtedness or our arrangements with our financiers may be transferred – to facilitate such transfer;
- may monitor and/or record any phone calls you may have with them, for training and/or security purposes;
- in the event that they transfer all or any of their rights and obligations under their agreement with us to a third party, may transfer information about you to enable the third party to enforce their rights or comply with the obligations.
- We will provide you with details of our financiers on request, including a contact telephone number if you want to have details of the credit reference agencies and other third parties referred to above from whom they obtain and to whom they may give information about you. You also have a right to receive a copy of certain information they hold about you if you apply to them in writing. However a fee will be payable.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or not checking (as the case may be) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the “Contact Us” page on our Website.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.